Welcome to the Outkasts!
Welcome to the Outkasts!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeServer maintenance that needs to be done Home10SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Outkast's Forum!
Ventrilo: Hostname: vent16.light-speed.com Port: 11553 Password: bishoprocks
Donate To Our Servers
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 67 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:41 pm
Our Servers!
Statistics
We have 227 registered users
The newest registered user is KanaBanana

Our users have posted a total of 2896 messages in 491 subjects

Server maintenance that needs to be done

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Server maintenance that needs to be done Empty
PostSubject: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 3:02 pm

- Reset HLStatsX (give new ppl a chance)
- Fix Auto Team Balance (it is NOT making balanced teams)
- new map rotation (keep things fresh)

Anything else ppl can think of that needs to be done (outside of removing maps, there is a forum post for that)?

Speaking of HLStatsX, does anyone know how to reset it? Cheeky and I had a quick look but it was 2 am and probably right in front of our noses.
Back to top Go down
GnOmE
Vagrant
GnOmE

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 8:48 pm

i dunno if u should reset it yet.. but whatever floats ur boat.. i was thinking first player to reach 10,000 then reset.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:16 pm

Yeah, but the problem is some of the ppl in the top 10 havent been playing lately, so their scores won't move, only their rank as ppl move around them, which at this point is difficult to do because of all the new blood that's been around lately.. I'd personally like to just reset it on the first of every month, would also make contests a lot easier.
Back to top Go down
Puppet MasteR
Administrator
Puppet MasteR

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:17 pm

When you are on the Admin page for HLStats click on Reset Statistics up in right hand side. You should see this after doing so:

Server maintenance that needs to be done 15nou2a
Back to top Go down
Puppet MasteR
Administrator
Puppet MasteR

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:19 pm

^^^ I hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Dear Puppet;

I love you.

Sincerely,
Spyder
Back to top Go down
Puppet MasteR
Administrator
Puppet MasteR

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 12:21 am

Glad I could help spyder!

Yours truly,

Puppet

p.s.

I love you too =]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 2:26 am

oooooooooooh ya we also need to figure out why we can't set the physics commands
Back to top Go down
Puppet MasteR
Administrator
Puppet MasteR

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:10 am

Spyder wrote:
physics commands

What do you mean by physics commands. Can you give me an example!? Like how to set up, for example, rag doll physics on the server?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 1:31 pm

enabling physics so you can move barrels, filing cabinets etc out of your way.. we tried to do it but got a weird denial but havent rly poked around yet.. im just forgetful so making notes, lol
Back to top Go down
Puppet MasteR
Administrator
Puppet MasteR

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:07 pm

Spyder wrote:
enabling physics so you can move barrels, filing cabinets etc out of your way.. we tried to do it but got a weird denial but havent rly poked around yet.. im just forgetful so making notes, lol

The only one I know about is: phys_pushscale -9999999 (<<<enter the value you perfer here)

Other than that I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Metal Monkey
Vagrant
Metal Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 2:07 pm

scratch Idea
Back to top Go down
Puppet MasteR
Administrator
Puppet MasteR

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:39 pm

Lol...hell if I know anything about running a server or maintaining one but I am always willing to share anything I do know.
Back to top Go down
GnOmE
Vagrant
GnOmE

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:40 pm

it was a good idea.. the moment the scores were reset.. it has been full all day.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:04 pm

stats reset and give me the other shit you would like me to do
Back to top Go down
http://outkasts.playogame.com
Puppet MasteR
Administrator
Puppet MasteR

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:05 pm

Admin wrote:
stats reset and give me the other shit you would like me to do

Dance around like a monkey and sing karaoke to the song I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred!

DO IT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server maintenance that needs to be done   Server maintenance that needs to be done I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server maintenance that needs to be done
Page 1 of 1