Welcome to the Outkasts!
Welcome to the Outkasts!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homecry me a river Home10SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Outkast's Forum!
Ventrilo: Hostname: vent16.light-speed.com Port: 11553 Password: bishoprocks
Donate To Our Servers
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 67 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:41 pm
Our Servers!
Statistics
We have 227 registered users
The newest registered user is KanaBanana

Our users have posted a total of 2896 messages in 491 subjects

cry me a river

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow*of^a_Doubt
Bum

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: cry me a river   cry me a river I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:46 pm

i don't have a wife but, don't bitch! I freaking set out to replace the 2nd video card in my alienware, and ended up frying the mobo..now i had to buy a whole new $2400 laptop.....

well...."had" to is all relative
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Reject
Bishop

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: cry me a river   cry me a river I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:44 pm

Build a bridge and get the f*** over it pirat
Back to top Go down
Bturtle
Loser

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: cry me a river   cry me a river I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:55 pm

shadow?! wow i havent seen that giant ass noob in ages lol kinda miss shooting him in the face.
Back to top Go down
Shadow*of^a_Doubt
Bum

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: hmm   cry me a river I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:30 pm

bturtle....bturtle...i know that name somewhere...

OH YEA LAST PLACE ON EVERY SCRIM HE"S EVER PLAYED IN

bitch
Back to top Go down
Metal Monkey
Vagrant
Metal Monkey

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: cry me a river   cry me a river I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:15 pm

Shadow*of^a_Doubt wrote:
i don't have a wife but, don't bitch! I freaking set out to replace the 2nd video card in my alienware, and ended up frying the mobo..now i had to buy a whole new $2400 laptop.....

well...."had" to is all relative

Why would you game on a laptop?And why in the hell would anyone waste money on an Alienware computer??????From everything I have researched and learned...Aliens are just way overpriced and over rated...can build better cheaper....
Back to top Go down
Shadow*of^a_Doubt
Bum

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: cry me a river   cry me a river I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:57 pm

Gaming Laptop: because I travel upwards of 6 months a year for work...lots of travel

Alienware: Used to be awesome, but when I bought mine is when they went downhill, and i didn't know it. Bad mistake, thats why I'm going with sager this time around
Back to top Go down
Metal Monkey
Vagrant
Metal Monkey

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: cry me a river   cry me a river I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 3:47 am

I would look into building one then. There is nothing really wrong with Alienware other than them being expensive really. They are like a Porsche GT2 , a 100,000 thousand dollar car. They look sick and are very fast, but a 40 thousand dollar Subaru STI will smash all over it (lets not turn this in a car debate lol...Wink ). I really dislike gaming laptops myself though...seeing how I make them explode. They ran good with linux, but still weak.

P.S. If you want an out of the box laptop that dominates for the price check these guys out. They also will upgrade/build whatever you want. http://system76.com/index.php/cPath/53_64
Back to top Go down
Shadow*of^a_Doubt
Bum

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: cry me a river   cry me a river I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:21 am

by the time you spec out one of their laptops that would perform close (but not near the intel i7 processor) its actually about the same price, if not a little more

how do you build your own??
Back to top Go down
Shadow*of^a_Doubt
Bum

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: cry me a river   cry me a river I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:26 am

Here are the specs on what I ordered

x Sager NP9280 (Built on Clevo D900F) - ETA Late May
- Display: 17" WUXGA "Glare Type" Super Cl
- Arctic Silver: Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
- Dead Pixel Policy: Standard Dead Pixel Policy
- Processor: Intel Core i7 Quad (Nehalem) 920
- Video Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 280M 1,024MB
- External Monitor Video Adapter: No Video Adapter
- Ram: ~ 6,144MB DDR3 1066MHz Memory (3
- Exterior Finish: Standard Finish
- Optical Drive: ~Combo 8x8x6x4x Dual Layer DVD +
- Primary Hard Drive: ~ 250GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 3
- Secondary Hard Drive: None Standard -
- Third Hard Drive: None Standard -
- Raid: HDD Raid Settings - OFF
- External Hard Drive (Back Up): No Back Up Hard Drive
- Floppy Drive: No Floppy Drive
- Memory Card Reader: Internal 7-in-1 Card Reader (MS/
- Bluetooth: Internal Bluetooth + EDR
- Wireless Network: Built-in Intel®️ PRO/Wireless 530
- Wireless Network Accessories: No Network Accessory
- Camera: Integrated Digital Video Camera
- TV Tuner: No TV Tuner
- Sound Card: Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audi
- Case: Basic Black Business Case - Incl
- Battery: Smart Li-ion Battery (12 Cell)
- Spare AC Adapter: None Standard*
- Port Replicator / Dock / Adapter: No Dock/Hub/Adapter
- Fingerprint Reader: No Fingerprint Reader
- Mouse / Keyboard Accessories: No External Keyboard or Mouse
- Notebook Cooler: No Notebook Cooler
- Operating System: ~Windows Vista Home Premium 64-B
- Microsoft Office Software: No Office Software
- Software Bundle (Not Installed): No Software Bundle
- Warranty: 3 Year Parts & Labor Warranty 24
Back to top Go down
Metal Monkey
Vagrant
Metal Monkey

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: cry me a river   cry me a river I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Shadow*of^a_Doubt wrote:
by the time you spec out one of their laptops that would perform close (but not near the intel i7 processor) its actually about the same price, if not a little more

how do you build your own??
I beleive you can build them yourselves...im not to sure with laptops. I have seen monitor/shells for laptops for sale a while ago though. As far as the i7 I wouldn't get the i7 unless it was the higher i7...the 920 is only like 200-300 bucks while the nasa speed i7 is like 900-1k+.

The specs you listed sound pretty good, only thing I see a problem with is that shit is gonna get hot lol. I actually burnt my leg with part of my old laptop playing games. Ya I didn't think it was that funny then Wink How much is that beast that you listed gonna run you?
Back to top Go down
Shadow*of^a_Doubt
Bum

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: cry me a river   cry me a river I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:55 pm

the 920 i7 smokes the highest current quad core...so i think i'm okay. I can upgrade later when they are cheaper.

With shipping, and a 3 year parts and labor warranty, its under $2800
Back to top Go down
Shadow*of^a_Doubt
Bum

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: cry me a river   cry me a river I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:56 pm

dude, look at the size of the fans on this beast, they built it properly, hah
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: cry me a river   cry me a river I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:35 pm

geez i thought i was a nerd
lol!

nah just joking u guys are awesome...i think
Back to top Go down
Ohloaday
Loser

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: cry me a river   cry me a river I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:22 am

My friend from high school claimed that he could build laptops, and I pointed out the main fact that stopped him from making a false lie. The monitor. Yeah I figured if you had a decent mini atx maybe btx short mobo with custom made 62mm fans with your own fabricated shitty soldering job rigged in an sqwached matter it would work but goddamn. Finding a LCD scream decently 14-17 inches would be a pain in the ass if not an expensive job.

From my research

The average btx, and or atx mini mobo is around 8.6 - 7.6 inches bar minimum, case would have to be under 10 inches, leaving close to no exhaust vent for anything literally, main ON board video would be the only made video card, so you're mini atx would never dish out a good enough graphics card, Well you could, honestly, if you took off a heat sink off a vga card, found a way to bend the pins to jagged it in sideways into a pci-express 16x 2.0 side ways which would only case them to snap, but if you took apart some of those solid compassiators and had shorter ones place in, but goddamn you see what I'm talking about??

Shit seems to complex and not worth it for the time spent. Money spent, and then when your done, your carrying around a jimmy rigged fucking box made of computer parts with a flip down car LCD screen attached to it like those old school bulky ass playstations with the lcd screen, Big box and small screen. Sounds cool in all but damn, I dont want to be seen with a 40 pound laptop. lol

I would be one of those assholes witha 21 inch CRT monitors attached to it just to confuse the shit out of people.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: cry me a river   cry me a river I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:36 pm

itx laptop, actually looks pretty decent, all things considered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cry me a river Empty
PostSubject: Re: cry me a river   cry me a river I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cry me a river
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: