Welcome to the Outkasts!
Welcome to the Outkasts!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Map Rotation Home10SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Outkast's Forum!
Ventrilo: Hostname: vent16.light-speed.com Port: 11553 Password: bishoprocks
Donate To Our Servers
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 67 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:41 pm
Our Servers!
Statistics
We have 227 registered users
The newest registered user is KanaBanana

Our users have posted a total of 2896 messages in 491 subjects

The Map Rotation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bishop
Reject
Bishop

The Map Rotation Empty
PostSubject: The Map Rotation   The Map Rotation I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:50 am

We've been implementing new maps into the rotation of the maps in the server. Our latest ones are:

de_cpl_fire
de_cpl_strike
de_cpl_mill
de_contra
de_villa
de_losttemple2

We will be adding more over time so that everyone has the chances to download each map from a separate source seeing as our download rate is still ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Map Rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Map Rotation   The Map Rotation I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:21 pm

how about some good maps?? *runs* :p
Back to top Go down
Shadow*of^a_Doubt
Bum

The Map Rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Map Rotation   The Map Rotation I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:35 pm

having a lot of maps is cool, but i think having a focus on maps that we end up scrimming on more often, would be nice so we can be familiar with them, then throw in some of the really fun custom maps....

i don't really see the point of having 400 maps....vs 20 really specific good ones
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Reject
Bishop

The Map Rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Map Rotation   The Map Rotation I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:17 am

That's exactly like how I'm looking at it. I have all of the maps we scrim on, plus a few maps that I know are good custom maps. The majority of people enjoy the maps I've looked at, and I have a feeling we'll be doing alright.
Back to top Go down
beanthemachine
Bum
beanthemachine

The Map Rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Map Rotation   The Map Rotation I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 1:15 pm

agree farao
Back to top Go down
http://outkasts.playogame.com
Anonymous

The Map Rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Map Rotation   The Map Rotation I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 1:30 pm

as long as ones like losttemple arent in the regular rotation, cuz if you have less than 10 ppl it tends to kill servers
Back to top Go down
Metal Monkey
Vagrant
Metal Monkey

The Map Rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Map Rotation   The Map Rotation I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:31 pm

Also alot of good players do not like hostage maps. Only Bomb maps are used in scrims. I have seen people leave because of this. Besides do you really need an office map in the rotation? People that generally play office play an all office server. Just food for thought.
Back to top Go down
Shadow*of^a_Doubt
Bum

The Map Rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Map Rotation   The Map Rotation I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:59 pm

in terms of leagues, do they only play bomb maps??
Back to top Go down
Metal Monkey
Vagrant
Metal Monkey

The Map Rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Map Rotation   The Map Rotation I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 3:35 am

Yes, unless something changed in the last year that I have been off. All the CAL clans I subbed/played with used only bomb ones. Our CAL server was same way. They had had it posted on CAL site too.
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Reject
Bishop

The Map Rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Map Rotation   The Map Rotation I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:15 pm

Of course it will only be bomb maps in a league, but this is a public server. I understand that we need people on the server more often, but we ARE only a month and half or so old. We've got more people in our clan than most of them out there, and we're tight knit. The maps that we have are mainly bomb maps, but even I, a guy who has played a lot of CAL, enjoy having to rescue hosties or just kill all of the bad guys. I will look over most of the cs maps, and take the really bad ones off, but I know that people like italy, and office, so I'm going to keep some as well.
Back to top Go down
Shadow*of^a_Doubt
Bum

The Map Rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Map Rotation   The Map Rotation I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:29 pm

Yea, popular maps are what we should focus on to keep people coming back. Its pretty evident really fast that we are tight knit.

KEEP MILITIA!!! and office and italy are cool too
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Reject
Bishop

The Map Rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Map Rotation   The Map Rotation I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:30 pm

popular maps are awesome, but here is why I'm adding more maps to the server. We keep playing the popular maps, and soon, people get tired of them. So I added de_contra de_cpl_mill, fire, and strike to the list so that we have more of a variety. pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Map Rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Map Rotation   The Map Rotation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Map Rotation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Counter-Strike Source :: General Discussion-
Jump to: